• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Is it stress?

OnePageMemory

Bluelighter
So i've been unemployed for about 4 months now and for the past month or two I havent been able to get a full nights sleep. I wake up every 2 hours or so, stay up for an hour, then go back to sleep for another 2 hours. By the time I get up I feel like I havent slept at all. I've been trying to get this one job for 2 months which I have an interview for finally next wednesday which I feel very grateful for. But before that and still I have dreams about working there and just random dreams about the company. And lately I have been getting random headaches and body aches and almost every little thing annoys me including my parents talking to me about stuff or when my friends hit me up to hang out I dont want to because I want to get my job thing handled first before I do anything. I've always been like that where if I am committed on getting something done first ( which is getting a job ) i become stubborn as hell until I get it accomplished because its my first priority at this moment. So im thinking about going for a run today to hopefully release some of this stress but I was wondering do you guys anymore stress reliever ideas? If this is stress. Thanks in advance

Going for a run is a GREAT idea! Anybody out of work for a while is bound to be under stress. That's the most likely cause of your insomnia. Vigorous exercise and maintaining a regular schedule is the best thing for it.

I suffer from EXTREME insomnia and I agree exercise does help to an extent and I have A LOT of stress so that is most likely what is causing it for the both of us. Other than the obvious drug use or sex I can't really recommend any stress relievers lol.

Haha yeah I wish I can just smoke some weed and knock out but I will have a drug test a couple of days after the interview if all goes well and I havent smoked in 2 months. Gotta keep up the momentum! haha.

stress induced sleeping problems can be eased with a steady dose of magnesium i found (1000mg) perhaps look into some ZMA tablets, these are what body buiders use for maximum recovery and it aids me with sleep.

really look deeply into your work/life balance and try to identify times of possible relaxation etc.